In 2019, Sakhalin Energy celebrates its 25th anniversary. Over the 25 years, the company has not only emerged as a world leading oil and gas producer, but has also succeeded in becoming a premier energy supplier for Asia-Pacific. Sakhalin Energy will continue to build on its positions in accordance with its mission and vision.
From 2019 onward, the company’s development will be based on the growth strategy, which is focused on three key areas:
- reserve base expansion;
- operational excellence;
- good corporate governance.
Safety, health and environmental issues remain front and centre in the company’s agenda. To that end, Sakhalin Energy will pay special attention to the development of the company’s and contractors’ employees as part of the Goal Zero programme. As part of the HSE strategy, the company has adopted and included in the 2019–2023 plans the following main objectives:
Lead and engage
- To work safely not because we are forced to but because we want to. Safety is our way of life, a deeply held value.
- To support the development of leaders at all levels to make the right decisions, particularly in challenging circumstances, and to build safety and continuous improvement culture.
- To work as one team within our company, and with customers, suppliers, contractors and subcontractors.
- To treat people with care and respect. At all levels, to demonstrate leadership and commitment to HSE, and develop trusted relationships.
- To inspire and support our people to be proactive, to recognise personal examples of effective intervention and responsibility.
- To sustain a culture of conscientious accountability and fairness.
- To inspire and support the health and fitness of employees for a long and healthy life.
- To assure the HSE/IS competence of our people to support safe implementation of major projects, contracts, operations.
- To bring significant risks down to as low as reasonably practicable (ALARP) — “Our assets are safe and we know it”.
HSE hazards and controls
- To focus on controls to save lives and prevent injuries.
- To focus on transport and worksite hazards in major projects and operations.
- To apply a systematic approach to HSE management to ensure compliance with the regulatory and international requirements, and promote industry best practices.
In 2019 and subsequent years, Sakhalin Energy’s main production activities will be:
- To optimise production levels of oil and LNG and improve performance from existing assets.
- To enhance production potential.
- To develop and implement key critical projects.
- To support further development of the Sakhalin Industrial Park.
The company attaches special importance to building an intellectual property portfolio. To this end, in 2019 and subsequent years, Sakhalin Energy will continue:
- To formalise unique engineering, organisational and IT solutions developed by the company’s employees through their registration and protection in the Russian Federation, and through patenting abroad, if necessary.
- To expand and strengthen cooperation with contractors to gain competitive advantages from new engineering, organisational and IT solutions developed under the Sakhalin-2 project.
In 2019, the company will continue to work with customers to achieve the most beneficial oil and LNG sales.
As part of the HR management strategy implementation, in 2019 and subsequent years, Sakhalin Energy will continue:
- To employ and develop best qualified specialists, including Sakhalin residents.
- To meet manpower requirements for technical roles in major projects utilising internal and shareholder resourcing.
- In line with succession planning to invest in professional training and development of Russian employees capable of taking technical authority and leadership roles in the company.
- To deliver an attractive and competitive employee value proposition (EVP).
- To digitise HR technologies and deliver cost-effective HR processes in continuous improvement environment.
- To maintain the company’s unique corporate culture and strengthen the brand of an employer of choice.
Regular and meaningful stakeholder engagement remains an important component of Sakhalin Energy’s successful performance. The strategy and plans for engaging the general public for 2019 have been included in the Public Consultation and Disclosure Plan (see the company’s website www.sakhalinenergy.ru).
In its social investment and sustainable development programmes, Sakhalin Energy will continue to give priority to partnerships with external stakeholders and to long-term social programmes.
Sakhalin Energy will continue to conduct its business in compliance with the adopted General Business Principles, Code of Conduct, Sustainable Development Policy, and CSR related standards.
Sakhalin Energy will make every effort to further improve its work and conduct its business on the basis of efficient, reliable, and safe production, as well as a responsible attitude toward social and environmental issues.